Aim and Objective
By the end of the course learners will have a thorough understanding of:
- The associated risks and identify the factors that contribute to injury and ill health using abrasive wheels.
- Control Measures that reduce the risk of injury and ill health from the use of abrasive wheels.
- Understand how to correctly use abrasive wheels, including the control measures to reduce or the risk of injury and ill health.
The course will be of half day duration.
- Identify the potential hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels and precautions required.
- Use ISO code system to select a wheel.
- Demonstrate the correct method for inspecting and testing abrasive wheels for damage.
- Pre-user checks of grinders.
- Choose and use the correct PPE.
Certification: Delegates will receive an attendance certificate.