Please use the contact details on this page for any enquiries or simply click “book this course” now.
VIDEO AND OVERVIEW
ADHD is a chronic condition that creates a range of persistent symptoms such as difficulty sustaining attention, hyperactivity and impulsive behaviour.
The course covers the definitions of ADHD, the different types of ADHD and how to recognise somekey signs and symptoms.
Beyond this the course will look at some of the possible causes of ADHD, how it is diagnosed and how it can be treated, including environmental changes, types of therapy and medication that can be prescribed.
The course concludes with some advice for people living with or caring for those with ADHD and provides some practical advice for supporting children, teenagers and adults with the condition.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the types of ADHD and recognise the numerous symptoms that need to be exhibited to help with diagnosis.
- Understand that that ADHD is chronic condition that runs from childhood right through to adulthood.
- State the methods of assessment that lead to diagnosis.
- Identify treatment regimes, from therapy to medical intervention.
- Understand how symptoms can be managed and how an individual with ADHD can be helped.
This course will prove useful to anyone who works with or has regular contact with children or adults with ADHD.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal life.
There are a lot of courses in our health and social care suite that would make great follow ups to this course and if you are in the adult social care sector then they would all provide valuable additions to your knowledge.
Recommended System Requirements
(Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).