The purpose of the training course is to prevent confined space injuries and to identify potential workplace tasks that need improvement. Also, to familiarise delegates with the importance of planning any work in confined spaces prior to entry, how emergencies arise and the importance of following emergency arrangements.
The course will be of one day duration and tailored to include client’s internal procedures and documentation for inclusion within the presentation (as well as images supplied by client).
- Why do we need to control entry into confined spaces?
- Why are entries into confined spaces so potentially dangerous?
- Legal requirements.
- What is a confined space, what is an entry and classes of entry?
- General hazards associated with confined spaces.
- Safe systems of work including risk assessment and syndicate exercise.
- Responsibilities of a work control – permit issuer, permit acceptor.
- Responsibilities of a Standby Person.
- Before entering and working in a confined space – key points to consider.
- Client’s emergency procedures – provided prior to delivery of course.
Certification: Delegates will receive an attendance certificate.