Delivered by ex-paramedics, this course is suitable for any person who, as part of their work task, may be designated as the responsible person for First Aid emergencies. This course is designed to offer a more comprehensive set of first aid skills for First Aiders in the workplace. It is applicable across a wide range of workplaces and sectors. This course is externally accredited, setting this course apart from many others available.
To ensure that the candidate is equipped with a broad range of basic first aid skills. This certificate would enable the holder to act as a First Aider in the workplace under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (1981).
- Cardiac arrest
- Bleeding /wounds
- Electrical injury
- Eye injuries
- CPR Adult/Child/Baby
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Minor injuries
- Incident management
- Principles of first aid and recording of accidents
- Defibrillator (AED) training can be included and certified upon request
There are no pre-course requirements for this FAW training.
A statement of medical fitness must be signed prior to starting the course. A reasonable level of fitness will be required to complete the practical element of this course.
- Valid for 3 years
- Duration of the training course is 3 days
- Qualsafe certificate available upon request according to the client’s requirements