Aim and Objective
Major accidents have the potential to cause serious damage to both people and the environment, so it is essential that the risks are carefully controlled. The COMAH training course explains the requirements of the COMAH Regulations, which cover major accident hazards.
The course will be of one day duration.
- Describes the background of COMAH and outlines the main duties imposed by the Regulation.
- Provides the definition of some important terms in the Regulation.
- General duties on operators, explains the MAPP and the requirement on operators to notify the competent authority.
- Safety Reports.
- Emergency Plans.
- Describes the information which operators must provide to the public, to the competent authority and to other establishments.
- Explains the primary function of the Competent Authority.
Certification: Delegates will receive an attendance certificate. All client’s internal procedures including documentation can be included within the presentation.