Aim and Objective
The purpose of the training course is to prevent manual handling injuries and to identify potential workplace tasks that need improvement. The following will also be explored, namely:
- Cause of back pain.
- Manual Handling Regulations.
- Risk Assessment (TILE).
- Spinal anatomy, structure and function.
- Manual handling controls, including correct lifting technique.
- Develop confidence in the use of the MAC Assessment Tool.
The course will be of one day duration.
- The manual handling problem.
- Causes of back problems (on and off site).
- Common injuries associated with poor manual handling.
- Employer and employee responsibilities.
- Risk Assessment.
- Controls including correct lifting technique.
- Introduction to the Manual Handling Assessment Chart (MAC).
- Practical Exercise.
Certification: Delegates will receive an attendance certificate.
There are no reviews yet.