Please use the contact details on this page for any enquiries or simply click “book this course” now.
VIDEO AND OVERVIEW
Moving, Handling & Storing Resources in the Workplace
This course can be used as part of the Level 2 NVQ Mandatory Unit Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace. It provides the knowledge components of this unit and the final module will allow you to type in your answers which, once marked as completed by your assessor can then be downloaded and used as part of your work portfolio.
This unit covers 7 areas:
- Complying With Information – this module will cover where you might find information relating to your work, how to report incorrect information that you may come across.
- Complying with relevant legislation and official guidance – this module covers aspects of moving and handling legislation and guidance in relation to working in confined spaces,
working below ground level, working at height, tools and equipment, materials and substances and the movement and storage of materials. This section also covers fire safety
including identifying types of extinguishers and when to use them.
- Maintaining Safe Working Practices – this module looks at how to maintain safe working practices when moving, handling or storing resources. You’ll also learn about the main types of health and safety control equipment and why it should be used.
- Selecting the Required Quantity and Quality of Resources – in this module you’ll discover how to select the required quantity and quality of resources, what to do if there are
problems with resources and some of the hazards associated with moving and handling resources.
- Preventing the Damage to Occupational Resources and the Environment – this module will explain how to prevent the risk of damage to occupational resources and the surrounding environment when moving, handling or storing resources.
- Completing Work Within the Allocated Time – this module will highlight the importance of completing work within the allocated time when moving, handling or storing resources.
- Complying with Occupational Resource Information – this module will show you how to comply with the given occupational resource information when moving, handling or storing
As this unit can be used as part of several Level 2 NVQ courses it is aimed at anyone taking one of those courses.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost-effective, so candidates can progress through the modules at their own pace, in their own time, making it easy to fit the training around their work and personal life.
Completing the knowledge components of your NVQ unit online will mean you’ll spend less time in a classroom and can spend more time on site completing the practical elements of your NVQ studies.
The other Level 2 NVQ units we offer all work well alongside this course. There are also several other Health and Safety courses that will provide more detail on some of the specific hazards that might be encountered on construction sites. These include, Asbestos Awareness, COSHH and Abrasive Wheels.
Recommended System Requirements
(Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
COURSE LICENCE : DISCOUNTS
For 200+ licences, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 01253 573074 / 07852 470447.